Monday, March 05, 2007

So over the weekend I thought that I'd try to do something new. In effort to save money, I decided to wax my own eyebrows. That was a huge mistake. I started practicing on my chin and mustache. I know, its terrible. I inherited hair in places girls shouldn't have it. Thanks Daddy... The chin went well and the upper lip was so so. Terrible but not so terrible that it would scare me away from doing my eyebrows. I get to my eyebrows, place the shapers on them and then apply the wax. So far so good. This is where is gets bad. I can't seem to pull the wax of. It's stuck on my eye! So I thought well maybe its not on thick enough so I applied more. The next thing I know I have wax throughout my entire eyebrow. I am now afraid to pull she shaper off for fear that the eyebrow comes with it. What do I do? The kit didn't come with any oil to help remove leftover wax. Out of desperation I went into the kitchen and grabbed the bottle of vegetable oil and went to work. After much work and a very oily face later I got all the wax off without losing any eyebrow. By the way, the smell of oil on my face was discusting. Made me want to vomitt.

So my quest for a cheap eyebrow waxing ends here. I am now willing to pay the money for a good wax or just pluck the dang things myself. I had pictures documenting this but they were terrible and not worth putting up.

3 comments:

Brian and Julie Woolery said...

shannon - this is so hilarious! it sounds exactly like something i would do. the only time i've gotten my eyebrows waxed was when i lived in oklahoma city... the lady that did it was super careful and i really trusted her... i loved not having to pluck, but i've just been too scared to trust anybody ever since then. :) and i DEFINITELY think you should post the pics. ;) love you!

Shannon said...

I've only had them waxed once and I loved it but I could. never justify spending the money to have it done all the time. I was going to post the pictures but they are kind of fuzzy or shinny from all the oil used. Maybe next time Ill take better pictures because I have a feeling that if I find more wax that looks easier to use, I will probably try it.

Brian and Julie Woolery said...

that's hilarious! i can't wait to see the documentation of the next attempt! :)