Thursday, March 22, 2007

Josh Groban Concert





All I have to say is, ahhhhhhhhhh!!!! So, the Josh Groban concert was very last minute. I wanted to book tickets for this concert before they came on sale. We were going to splurge and get floor seats but for some reason we never got around to doing it and then when we did they were all gone.

Today I got online to check out the John Mayer tickets that are going on sale Saturday and I accidentally clicked on Josh Groban. I knew he was coming this week but I kind of already thought he had been in and out of town. I was curious to see what was still available and I found a few that were left in the nose bleeds. There was also a set of floor tickets.

I was curious what ebay had and I got in on the last two minutes of an auction. The starting bid for tickets that were right behind the floor seats were $60. There were no bids and I emailed the seller for more info. Long story short, I got almost $200 worth of tickets for $60.

Jennifer and I got to the AT&T Center right on time and were freaking out over our $30 seats. There was only one problem...our seats were broken and basically falling back on the people behind us. We finally found someone to complain to and they didn't do anything about it. So after the opening group Jennifer went looking for help. It was very uncomfortable for us and the people behind us. By the way, the opening act was wonderful. They were from Africa.

Long story a little bit shorter, they moved us to the floor, center!! Ahhhhhhhhhh!!! I thought we were freaking out before but now we were on he verge of hyperventilation. So we are sitting there freaking out waiting for it to start asking ourselves if it could get any better. Well, it did.....

So we notice security is getting tight all around us. For good reason we came to find out. Josh was literally 2 feet away from us singing. I tried to take picture with my phone but I can't find the picture. My camera phone sucks. I should have taken it with my digital.

During the whole concert, especially at this time, Jennifer and I are trying not to turn into one of those girls that are screaming and crying and about to pass out at the sight of there favorite musician, star... We have relentlessly made fun of those girls over the years. Well we were pretty close to becoming that. There was definitely hyperventilation, screaming and many times close to tears. I know, its pathetic but I could careless.

Josh Groban is phenomenal! It was by far the best concert I have EVER been to and I'm not so sure that anything could top it except for maybe another one of his. When he sings, it literally takes the breathe right out of you. Words cannot not describe it. I think you have to experience it for yourself. I highly recommend attending one and spending the money for the floor tickets.

So that was my day/night in a nutshell. To sum it all up we got floor seats for $30 each and came within two feet of one of our favorite people ever. It was a really good day. Definitely hand picked by God. God bless the man who couldn't make it. Are there any other Josh Groban fans out there? What is your favorite song? I would love to know.

0 comments: