Monday, October 02, 2006

I had a great weekend. Nothing special happened really, actually, nothing happened at all which was probably why it was so wonderful. I haven't had any downtime in a LONG time and I was worn out.

The weekend got off to a great start with a girls night out at P.F.Changs on Friday night. We sat out side and it was so beautiful. There was good food, drinks and fellowship. Pictures soon to follow. I hope.

On Saturday afternoon, I woke up after close to twelve hours of sleep!! It was much needed. I headed over to my mom's house to relax in the sitting room and watch movies all day. I haven't seen any musicals in a long time and it was long overdue. For the next seven hours I watched The Sound of Music and all the extras. My parents had the 40th anniversary edition.

After that I wanted to watch Anne of Green Gables and Anne of Avonle but the movies are missing. I think I must have been missing my sisters this weekend because this is something that I would have normally done with them. So, I just continued on with the Julie Andrews theme and popped in Thoroughly Modern Millie. It's a quirkly little musical thats a lot of fun. Have you seen it?

On Sunday after church, to continue on with my need for some musicals
and Julie Andrews, I popped in Mary Poppins. After that I was going to move on with the Princess Diaries movies but decided to have a game night with the family. We played dominos and it was a lot of fun. I think my goal in life is to beat Lisa. She wins every time she plays. It's so frustrating!!

Amber and Alicia watching the musicals was fun but it wasn't the same without you.

Anyway, that was my weekend. How was yours?

5 comments:

Alicia said...

Shanny...Lindsey and I have been talking about musicals alot the past week. In fact she got a 3 DVD set of Frank Sinatra for her birthday. I agree that all of my joy and love for musicals is stemmed from sister bonding. I would really love to watch some Seven Brides For Seven Brothers, Or singing in the Rain, Or Two Weeks with Love, or White Christmas!!

You would also be proud of me, I purchased my first Christmas decoration last Friday. I am already getting in a Christmas mood. I already listened to Christmas music while baking. Is that illegal? You should send me some Christmas decorations... hehe

I love you. It feels good to be missed. Just 10 more months and I will watch them with you!! Especially some Anne!! I love those movies.

Muha

Shannon said...

I would have loved to see Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. I wonder where its at? I didn't see it anywhere. Hmmm....

I am so proud of you for getting a Christmas decoration and listening to Christmas music. I don't think it's illegal. As a matter of fact I went on to itunes last week and pulled up a Christmas station to listen to some music. Others may think its illegal and may need to be convinced otherwise.

What kind of decorations do you miss having?

Amber said...

Hey Shanny!

We are definitely sisters and linked at the heart. Just today I was thinking about Anne of Green Gables and Anne of Avonle and how I would love to watch them...but how it wouldn't be the same without you and Alicia...though I would think of you the entire time!

I was thinking about having a girls night one Friday...

I would agree with Alicia...my love for musicals now really just is from all those years of enjoying as a family...but even more as sisters. Every time I watch Seven Brides for Seven Brothers I cannot help but think about how we have analyzed all of the characters to the point that we probably know them better than the author did.

Good times! We shall have to make an musical sisters night the next time we are all three in the same city.

I love you!

Alicia said...

sigh...we just had such a great sisterly bonding time on a blog!! How special. I love you ladies!!

We must go in search for Seven Brides For Seven Brothers. I think i might cry.

Decorations...well everything. ha ha. Just kidding about the deco...i mean if you want to send something fun, but don't worry about it.

I am glad i didn't commit anything illegal with listening to Christmas music. Lindsey LOVES christmas music...so its going to be a fun season!

Love you .

Shannon said...

How strange is that? I never thought I could bond over blog. As far as Christmas decorations go. I am thinking about putting together a Christams season survival package for you and Amber.

No promises but start thinking about the things you want for the season and let me know.